Program OverviewThe Nursing Assistant training program prepares students to take the Arizona Board of Nursing exam and receive their Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License. Medstar Academy offers a hands-on training program that focuses on preparing students to take the Arizona Board of Nursing exam.
We offer several program options to suit various schedule needs:
- Day Class (three days a week): six-week program
- Evening Class (three days a week): six-week program
- Weekend Class (two days a week): seven-week program
- 3 Week Class (five days a week): three-week program
For students wishing to become Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs), no additional training is required. The student must pay an additional $50 for completing an application for LNA and an additional $50 for a background check. The student makes the application on the AZ State Board of Nursing website and pays directly.
Apply today! View schedule
Training Program Hours
- Classroom education and skills lab - 80 Hours
- Clinical requirements - 40 Hours
- Five days of clinicals are from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM for both day and evening classes
- Open Lab Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM. Students may come in during these times to practice their CNA skills. Students are asked to call the student services office before coming in to make sure State testing is not going on.